On May 10, 1910, the Ellwood Citizen newspaper announced the closure of Frankford Steel Company (Tindel-Morris Company), a hammer forging shop located in Ellwood City. Brothers David and Jonathan Evans were employees of the company as managers in the machine shop and forge shop.
In June 1910, with $25,000 capital and a vision to the future, the brothers founded Ellwood City Forge in the former Frankford Steel plant. From modest beginnings, Ellwood City Forge now employs over 400 people and serves customers in many industries around the world.
While technology and equipment have changed dramatically over the past 100 years, one thing has remained the same—the dedication and commitment of the employees of Ellwood City Forge to see their company succeed.